16.2 Workshop: 2 Hours – R495.00 ex VAT
To achieve compliance with the OHS act, a successful and proactive health and safety programme and culture needs to be implemented into every organisation and business, but also needs top management’s support and commitment, to achieve this. Employers, Chief Executive Officers or Directors, have a duty to provide a healthy, safe, and prepared working environment, to all employees, contractors, and visitors, as per the act and specifically Section 8 of the act. This can be achieved, by top management having a better understanding of the act as a whole and important sections specific to them.
16.2 Workshop Course Content and Modules:
- The Health and Safety Act, its history, and the South African Law
- Important Sections of the OHS Act:
- Section 7: Health and safety policy
- Section 8: General duties of employers to their employees
- Section 13: Duty to inform
- Section 14: General duties of employees at work
- Section 16: Duties of the CEO
- Section 17: Health and safety representatives
- Section 18: Functions of the health and safety representatives
- Section 19: Health and safety committee
- Section 20: Functions of the health and safety committee
- Section 23: Certain deductions prohibited
- Section 24: Report to inspector regarding a certain incident
- Section 26: Victimization forbidden
- Section 35: Appeal against the decision of an inspector
- Section 37: Acts or omissions by employees and mandataries
- Section 38: Offences, penalties and special orders of the court
- Section 41: This act is not affected by agreements
- Contractor Agreements
- General H&S Information
The cost is R495.00 excluding VAT.
Duration of the course:
16.2 Workshop is a 2-hour workshop.
The delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance once they have attended the 2-hour workshop and the certificate is valid for a 2-year period.
Absolute Health Services has training venues in Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Cape Town. Delegates can be attended at any of those venues on public course dates, or on-site at your premises if you have a minimum of 8 delegates to attend the course.