First Aid NQF Level 2: R930.00 ex VAT
This First Aid NQF Level 2 course contains all the critically important modules and skills required in a first aid course, such as scene safety and management, CPR, choking, bleeding control, treatment of common medical and trauma emergencies. First aiders must know how to treat these common injuries and illnesses and how to administer correct life-saving treatment, such as turning a patient who is an epileptic and having a fit, into the lateral position while they are convulsing.
Through our instructor network, who are professional, qualified, and experienced paramedics we ensure that attending delegates receive a professional first aid NQF level 2 learning experience. Workplaces are required to have trained first aiders within the workplace all the time, when employees, or contractors, or visitors are at the workplace during the day and or night.
This first aid NQF level 2 course does however require that delegates have to attend a SETA accredited HIV AID’s NQF level 1 course, before being allowed to attend the first aid NQF level 2 course. Proof of this entry requirement will need to be provided, before being accepted entry on the course. The first aid course will include content and training on the specific outcomes and modules listed below.
- Demonstrate the principles of primary emergency care in the workplace
- Sustain a basic level of preparedness for health emergencies in the workplace
- Assess and manage an emergency scene in the workplace
- Demonstrate primary emergency life support for adults, children, and infants according to current international protocols
- Explain and manage shock
- Keep records of the incident/accident
First Aid NQF Level 2 Course Content and Modules:
- Introduction and basic principles of first aid and emergency care in the workplace
- Terminology, positioning, anatomy, and physiology
- Workplace preparedness, safety, emergency scene, and patient assessment and management
- First aid treatment procedures for life-threatening and common injuries
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and choking international protocols
- Bleeding, wounds, and burns
- Head, spinal, chest, abdominal, pelvic, and fractures injuries
- Environmental emergencies, near drowning, bites, and stings, and poisoning
- Medical emergencies and shock management
- Triage, record keeping, and emergency carry methods
The course is R930.00 excluding VAT.
Duration of the course:
2.5 days of facilitation and the submission of a practical learning assignment
The delegates will be issued a certificate within 14 days once they have attended the course.
We have training venues in Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town, or the training can be conducted on-site at your premises if you have a minimum of 8 delegates to attend the course.